Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gordon Cross Country!


So we did it we made the decision and we stuck with it and we saved, and we packed and we loaded up and then by even our shock we drove off..... With many destinations in sight the farthest being OREGON! I know you are saying "your crazy!!" I know we are insane..... but we thought this would be a great adventure that would be filled with good and hopefully not to many not so good memories for all of us to remember years from now!


David took over as the planner and travel guide, while i was in charge of packing and loading everything (including our BIG ol'e BOX FAN) into the trunk of our nissan altima. I know small car well the gas mileage over ruled the roominess we might of found in a larger vehicle! I got suprisingly all of our clothes into 3 suitcases, a bag for our bathroom stuff, our laptop, bag of snacks, baseball bag full of bats, mits, and bballs, I also got 2 scooters all in the trunk! You can thank my dad for teaching me how to pack a car! LOL! Thank goodness we have little people in the back seat so i was able to put a backpack of goodies (toys and food) for each of them, a cooler, 2 movie screens with headphones and a big pack of DVD's!


So we took off @ about 8pm by the time we gassed up and got dinner and before we knew it we were in TN and the boys were jamin out to the theme song of Icarly & Ducktales with their headphones on (it was sooo cute)! By 11pm they had both turned off their movies I said their goodnite prayer and they were out for the night! Malachi woke up briefly when we stopped @ 4am but went right back to sleep. David drove first and then i took over once we got to nashville, the poor guy had been up working since 430am that morning! I drove until we got to Missouri about 4 hours i was so proud of myself =) David then took over and he took us the rest of the way! We made it thru St. Lois and finaly Iowa! I was unable to get any pictures of the state signs because those little stinkers just kept sneaking up on me with absolutly no warning! I got a few pictures of street signs and you can barely make out the Arches in St. Louis.
Long story short Day 1 was amaising and driving at night was so worth the lack of sleep on me and David's part. The boys are troupers and we are very excited to see what the next 2 1/2 weeks bring in memories! I will be posting blogs as often as i can get internet! =)

I am trying to post pictures, but i dont know they are loading properly so they may have be on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment